Sunday, July 31, 2011

Tags, Vol. 2

After I had finished with so many of the tags that had designs cut into them, I was anxious to try a new technique I had seen in a book. Just so you know, I think Tim Holtz is a creative genius and if you want loads of technique inspiration, get his book: A Compendium of Curiosities

Starting with a tag, stamp an image with a watermark ink and emboss with clear embossing powder.
Next, using as many ink color combinations as you desire, begin rubbing and blending ink onto the tag. Notice how the embossed image repels the ink, just like in a classroom art project!
Once the tag is inked, iron the tag with paper over the top to absorb the embossing medium.
This leaves the stamped image so the color of the paper shows through the design. It is really beautiful.

For even more design details, I added more stamping & embossing over the images, though the embossing was a little trickier.

Like I said, refer to the book for complete instruction. This was a fun method to try out. When I got all finished, my daughter was quite impressed, "Mom! How'd you do that?!"

Makes a girl feel good :)

No comments: