After I'd spent a few days rubbing ink into everything in sight, I got to wondering if there were other ways to get ink to do what I wanted it to.
These tags were cut on white cardstock. Then I embossed images onto them in black. Then using at least 3 colors for each tag, I sprayed alcohol ink directly onto them. There is a bit of a learning curve to this one, you want the ink to go on pretty heavily and stay wet while you get the next color on, but not so wet as to have the ink puddle together & get muddy.
I really enjoyed playing with the contrast and value of the ink. I love how the lighter color (yellow usually) highlights the entire tag while the darker colors give depth and yet the whole thing blends together like I airbrushed it or something.
Thanks for entertaining the tags for one more week while I recover from the vacation. I am starting back to work this week and will be posting pictures very soon of those projects. I've got the paper cut and am excited to share the palettes with you.