Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Seriously...

I've been spending some time visiting some other blogs over the last couple of days, which has inspired me to be a little less serious on this one. I now realize that it's okay to admit, to you, that I am having such a hard time getting back into a routine. And by that I mean that I am really struggling to get back to scrapping!
Maybe it's the weather, (-9) today. Maybe it's that after having the kids home for 2 full weeks for Christmas break and then a few holidays or inservice days and having Shane home for a week has really made it hard for me to just buckle down and do something. Plus the house is a mess and the laundry...oh the laundry. Maybe it's just January and I have so many goals that I don't know where to start. I want to paint the livingroom, but can't commit to a design. I want the kitchen to be clean, but can't keep up. I want to get 4 stars or better on every song of Guitar Hero!!! And, I want to ignore everything else and use that cute paper that's been sitting on my work table for a few weeks!
I did get some new books like I was telling you about and I was so excited. I'm still excited, but I can't concentrate. That's why there's no new pictures to show.
So, I apologize. To be completely honest, I am also a little afraid of my computer these days. It needs a bit of maintenance and is really slow.
So! Back to scrapping...or Guitar Hero...or scrapping...

5 comments:

Debi (Dubs2007) said...

Beka I love you!! and... I am so glad we are friends! Hearing that you are having a hard time being motivated makes me feel better about my hard time being motivated, and I seriously am relishing our conversations and knowing I am not alone in my struggles!

I love your scrapbooks BTW. I think they are absolutely amazing! Thats partly why I decided to follow your blog - I wanted to know and see when you had new stuff, I am in awe of your talent!

Della Hill said...

Hi,
I noticed you are following me and I wanted to visit you and say hi and thanks.
I feel like you, with Christmas vacation and all of the holidays, sick days, half days and (fear of) snow days I do not feel like am getting my daily breaks and getting what I want to accomplished. My blogging is serioulsy suffering and I haven't been jogging in 3 WEEKS!
If I were you I would so be focusing on those stars on guiltar Hero.
We got World Tour for Christmas and I love playing the whole band as a family.
Alas, scrapbooking is not one of my talents. I can make a cute page, but it takes me about 5 hours to do one and I run out of gas. I am afraid I will be finishing my kids baby books when my grandchildren arrive.
Glad to know you now!
-Della

Beka said...

Welcome Della!
I am new at blogging so I don't know anything. In fact, I don't know if I should respond to your comment to me right here or on your blog. The anxiety over such a dilema brings me here, to the privacy of my blog, so as to limit my embarrassment if I do it wrong!;)

Anyway, it's nice to meet you, too! Thanks for letting me know you were here, it's very exciting to begin getting to know people everywhere! As I said, I'm new at this so I was reading a few blogs that are linked around the place, like mormonmoms and such, and thought I'd follow a few to see how you do it.

I was drawn to yours, the apple in the freezer is so what I could expect to see from my kids an any given day!

Thanks for visiting, thanks for being real and I, too, am very glad to know you now!
Beka

Unknown said...

Holy frijoles, Batman! What a talented lady you are! Those scrapbooks are beautiful. I hereby give you permission to burn the laundry in order to expedite your return to scrapbooking.

I'm a music gal, and the concert season leading up to Christmas is so intense that, when it's all over, I really struggle with getting back into a sane pace. It's like I over-settle. I think you're right; it's January.

Thanks for dropping by my blog! I'm an essayist, so you'll note a marked absence of pictures; like you I'm learning the bizness relatively sloooowly...maybe someday I'll put a photo in of MY scrapbooks. Then you'll be BEGGING me to go back to the essays!

(And don't apologize for not blogging regularly. Some people post every day, others, like me, post once a week or so, still others post every other Democratic presidency...you'll find your stride!)

Beka said...

Welcome DeNae!
Okay, after I picked myself up off the floor, I went straight to the phone to let my husband know that I had been given permission to burn the laundry...this means you are my new hero!

Anyway, it's good to know you now and I am really enjoying your blog. The essayist in you is well suited. I always wanted to write, and on occasion, I have a few brilliant moments when the paper becomes alive with adjectives and metaphors...but it's usually when I'm angry! I guess I'll stick to making paper come alive a little differently.

Thanks for visiting me!
Beka